The Career Guidance and Student Development (CGSD) initiative is into its seventh year.
We have increasing numbers of schools requesting visits from SPE.
At this stage, we are looking for more volunteers to help out with the initiative and also for donations to our exhibition kit.
- To educate high school age children about the energy industry.
- To generate interest in careers in the energy industry.
- To encourage high school students to pursue a career in the energy industry.
We need volunteers who are willing to:
- Speak to students about their career in the energy industry.
- Assist teachers with experiments or workshops from SPE’s Energy4Me kit (for more information, visit www.energy4me.org).
- Attend school careers events.
- Energy industry related items that we can use as exhibits for high school students/uni students.
- Must be easy/safe for kids to pick up and hold (no sharp metal edges).
- Rock samples
- Oil samples
- Pieces of equipment (pumps, bits, valves, hard hats, gloves, etc.)
- Can be models made of foam
If you would like to volunteer for the CGSD initiative or donate any items for the kit, please contact Natalie Chadud (email@example.com).