Andrew Murdoch – Managing Director Arche Energy
“The last few months on the national electricity market gave us a taste of what energy supply restrictions feel like. In this presentation, Andrew Murdoch unpacks some of the events, their causes and some of the reactions. We’ll work through some hot topics such as capacity markets, gas reservation policies, level of competition, government intervention, moratoria on gas exploration and green tape risk and then look at some simple fixes that might have avoided some of the hysteria”.
Andrew has been operating in technical-commercial roles in the Queensland NEM Zone since it was first founded over 20 years ago. In 2017, he founded Arche Energy to provide a high-quality clean energy, power and infrastructure consultancy to facilitate investment in the clean energy sector. He is an experienced general manager, project director and engineer operating in renewable power, power generation, energy, ports and heavy infrastructure.
His experience spans business development activities, major approvals, project execution, operations and maintenance and decommissioning. Andrew is an innovator and optimiser thriving in changing environments through the adaptation and integration of emerging and innovative technologies into business applications.
Key experience includes:
- Founder, New England Link
- Lead Developer, Lockyer Energy Project
- Technical Director, CopperString 2.0
- Technical Advisor, Galilee Power Project
- Project Manager, Expansion, Wiggins Island Coal Export Terminal
- Project Manager, Construction, Braemar Power Project, OCGT
- Project Manager, Owner’s Engineer, Construction, Condamine Power Project, CCGT
Independent Engineer, Construction, Newman Power Plant Expansion